Health & Safety Policy
VerseOne is committed to pursuing excellence in everything it does and this includes the management of health and safety.
- At VerseOne we are committed to giving health and safety the highest priority in all of our activities.
- We expect staff, visitors, contractors and other employers who work at VerseOne to share this commitment by complying with our policies and, where appropriate, our procedures and to understand that they too have legal and moral obligations to themselves and to one another.
- We are dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of all persons who may be affected by our activities by:
- Providing, managing and maintaining a work environment, which are, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and in which risks to health are controlled.
- Providing adequate and appropriate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
- Providing, managing and maintaining our workplaces, grounds and properties so that they are, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled.
- Providing, managing and maintaining plant and equipment so that it is, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled.
- Ensuring that the use, handling, storage and transport of items and substances are carried out safely and that risks to health are controlled.
- Implementing systems of work that are safe and where risks to health are controlled.
- Providing the necessary organisation, expertise and resource, including communication and consultation, planning, monitoring, inspection and auditing procedures to ensure that there is effective management of health and safety throughout the company.
- Ensuring that our staff and any contractors we employ are competent and carry out risk assessments for all the work they control.
- Providing the information, instruction, training and supervision at all levels necessary to ensure that our staff and students are aware of the hazards at their workplace, together with the appropriate measures to be taken to protect against these hazards.
- Giving adequate information on relevant hazards to any persons whose health and safety might be affected by them.
- Monitoring the safety performance of contractors who work for us.
- Keeping up to date with best practice in relation to health and safety and complying with all relevant legislation and authoritative guidance.
- Consulting with and involving our staff in matters relating to their own health and safety.
- We undertake to continually review and develop our safety management systems, with the overarching aim of conducting our activities in a manner which does not affect the health and safety of any staff, contractors, visitors or members of the public, or adversely affect the environment.
The Board is committed to this Policy and to the implementation and maintenance of the highest standards of health, safety and welfare across the company, and has appointed a named Health & Safety Officer. We expect every member of VerseOne to share this commitment and to work together to achieve it.