The VerseOne Atlas Framework is the information platform on which all of VerseOne’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software suite is built. The Atlas Framework provides the comprehensive and integrated user experience shared by all of VerseOne’s web-based (“cloud”) software applications. It empowers users of VerseOne ECM by giving them freedom to capture content once and use, collaborate on, and share their content many times within a consistent and user-centric environment. The Atlas Framework comprises the core functionality and user interface of every VerseOne application, including:
- Drag-and-Drop Content Viewing and Creation
- In-System Messaging and Notifications
- Record-Locking and Version Control
- Fine-Grained Permissions and Approvals
- Signposting and User-Feedback Animations
- Full Audit History and Rollback
- Reporting and Analytics
- Bulk Editing
- Task Management
- User Personalisation
- Soft Key System Configuration
- Integration / Interoperation with Other Internal Systems
The Atlas Framework ensures that users of VerseOne’s software suit can enjoy a single, powerful interface for accessing, updating, and managing business content and processes. This predictability and seamless, logical view of all of an organisation’s business data guarantees users a familiar, customised, and complete software experience—becoming the cornerstone of the VerseOne Enterprise Content Management Suite.
Pull in data and content from multiple IT and data management systems and normalise them, ensuring that you and your users always have swift, standardised access to the information you need to deliver a powerful online experience.
Build your own workflows and maximise screen space with the flexible drag-and-drop capabilities of Vanadium User Interface (vUI) and its unique Persistent Palettes, a movable second layer of search toolkits that can be expanded and collapsed as needed.
Reduce cumbersome page re-loads and demand on your connection whilst taking advantage of smoother workflows and blazingly fast response times.
Control Permissions and Approval Processes, set Tasks and Categories, build Forms, and employ the dynamic, near-infinitely refinable Artificially Intelligent Search engine.
- It eliminates the confusing workflows and large training overheads associated with software that has been built piecemeal with a narrow focus on discrete functionality.
- It removes data silos and reduces duplication of information by normalising and synchronising data between the VerseOne platform, legacy software, and other key internal systems.
- It removes the disruption associated with adapting business practices to numerous software systems, providing instead a seamless, modular, and customised solution—straight out of the box.
- It increases staff buy-in, contentment, and productivity by enabling users to personalise their experience and automate tasks and communication.
- It improves time management and efficiency by using modern AJAX technology and HTML5 to speed up system processing and calculations and deliver a fast, responsive experience.
- It reduces security breaches and minimises risk through built-in Data Protection provisions, granular permissions, comprehensive audit histories, and dual-factor authentication and SSL protection.
- It protects content from degradation and editorial corruption with a configurable and fine-grained Approvals process and a versioning system that prevents editing clashes and ensures content quality before it reaches the publication stage.
The Atlas Framework is:
Totally Customisable—The Atlas Framework allows the behaviour of any VerseOne software application to be changed and configured to suit the requirements of a particular organisation or user. Rather than being locked into a “one method fits all” approach, users can choose what content to collect, how to store it, the process by which it is edited and approved, and the mechanisms by which it is published to other users or wider audience groups. This allows the software to provide powerful out-of-the-box functionality for VerseOne’s key sectors, with the ability to optionalise on a per-customer or even per-user basis.
Modular—VerseOne’s software is not monolithic: each application and sector-specific module hooks directly into the Atlas Framework, ensuring consistent functionality and seamless data-sharing across the system, even as users work with different types of content and business processes. By taking advantage of this modular design, organisations can enjoy tightly integrated, custom solutions out of the box, without technical hassles or extra development. The software grows as the customer’s requirements grow, ensuring a solution that suits an evolving organisation’s budget and resources.
Intuitive and Convenient—VerseOne is committed to providing beautiful, easy-to-use software as well as superior functionality, and ensures its workflows, signposting, user guidance, and adaptivity are subjected to rigorous usability testing. The Atlas Framework user interface is clean, responsive, and consistent, smoothly guiding the user to the next best step whilst never distracting them from what is most important: their content. The Atlas Framework also allows for rapid and smooth deployment of any of VerseOne’s software applications, ensuring the customer faces no hidden costs in time or money.
Secure—VerseOne knows that its customers often handle extremely sensitive information, from PIIs covered by Data Protection laws to critical health-related advice. The Atlas Framework therefore incorporates an unprecedented level of security, configurable on a per-organisation basis, including integration with Active Directory, the tried and tested CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) permission model, dual-factor login authentication, and heavily encrypted data transport protection. Access to content is username and password controlled, both within the system and through any web portals for customers or stakeholders, and CMS administrators have fine-grained control over access, down to individual-user level and specific items of content.
Ideal for Governance—The Atlas Framework provides the highly robust Approvals process for all of VerseOne’s software applications, enabling organisations to be certain that every piece of content—from text, documents, and images to contact details and email lists—is authorised by the relevant approver before being shared inside or outside of the organisation. Version control also forms a key part of the Atlas Framework, employing industry-standard record-locking, version histories, and audit trails, so that organisations have a complete and accurate view of which users created, edited, and published business data at every point throughout the content life-cycle.
Integrated—The Atlas Framework is the unified platform for:
Additionally, interoperability is built into the Atlas Framework so that VerseOne’s software suite can be integrated with other key business applications, from housing management and electronic record systems to HR software and internal databases.
Last updated: 16 May 2012